Do you get a lot of emails from different customers each asking the same question? Having an FAQ section on your website can help you address your visitors’ frequently asked questions proactively.
While you can always create a simple page on your site and begin listing down your FAQs in it, using an FAQ plugin will help you deliver a much better user experience. Not to mention it’ll give you a ton of features and customization options that would otherwise take up a lot of time to custom code.
With this in mind, in this post, we’ll explore four of the best (free) plugins to help you setup an intuitive and functional FAQ page on your WordPress website. But before we begin, let’s take a look at why it’s important to have an FAQ page in the first place.
Why You Should Have an FAQ Page
Prospective customers and clients almost always have a few questions about your products and services – even if you think you’ve covered all the bases in your web copy. The problem is that if they aren’t able to find an answer quickly, they may leave your site.
This is where the FAQ page comes in.
An FAQ page allows your site’s visitors to find answers to all of their questions in one place. And the more FAQs you’re able to answer, the more likely it is for the prospect to become a paying customer. Here are some of the main benefits of creating an FAQ page on your site:
- Saves time. Having a complete FAQ page on your site will save both you and your prospective customer time that would otherwise be spent searching every nook and cranny on your site for answers or sending lengthy emails back and forth.
- Builds trust. A good FAQ section gives prospects some insight into how well you understand the concerns they might have and how you respond to them. It’s also a great way of letting your visitors know that you’re not trying to hide any kind of important information about your product or service.
- Improves SEO. We all know how important it is to use the right keywords throughout our website. An FAQ page gives you a good opportunity to improve your site’s online ranking. And if you’re able to incorporate the actual questions people ask in your FAQs, you have a good chance of ranking high for those queries in search engines.
Of course, it goes without saying that your FAQ page needs to be well-designed, easy to find, and, complete. The plugins we’ve rounded up in the following section meet these three criteria and by using any one of them, you’ll hopefully be able to have your FAQ page up in no time.
4 Plugins to Help You Add an FAQ Page to Your WordPress Site
Creating an FAQ page is pretty easy. It’s even easier if you have a high-quality plugin installed on your site to lend you a helping hand. Let’s take a look at some of the best available options and the features they offer.
The Ultimate FAQ plugin lets you get the most out of your FAQ page while maximizing its SEO potential by letting you add tags and categories to your FAQs. In addition to this, you also get a helpful dashboard environment which gives you a quick look at your FAQ stats.
You can group FAQs together by category which is useful for content-heavy websites or businesses selling multiple products or services. It also lets you select FAQ animation options and toggle accordion behavior to open and close individual questions.
- Lets you create tags and categories for FAQs.
- Comes with an AJAX-based search form.
- Options included for exporting FAQs to PDF format.
HTML5 Responsive FAQ
HTML5 Responsive FAQ is a customizable and SEO-friendly FAQ solution that can be used just about anywhere on your site including sidebars! Once you create some FAQs, you can add them to your site using shortcodes.
And if you’d like to organize your FAQs, the plugin lets you add multiple categories and choose from various heading types. The plugin displays the FAQs on the front-end using an intuitive accordion style layout.
- Comes with sorting options.
- Lets you customize the design, typography, and color of your FAQs.
- Allows you to add multiple categories.
Arconix FAQ plugin uses custom post types to help you create your FAQs. This is a pretty useful feature for web developers who build sites for clients and want to make it easy for them to be able to add to their FAQ page as their site grows.
The plugin lets you add the FAQ section wherever you’d like on your website using a shortcode. What’s more is that it offers a return to top link that you can add to FAQ pages that are exceptionally long to improve user experience.
- Individual FAQs open up in jQuery-based toggle or accordion style display.
- Lets you group related FAQs together.
- Return to top link for long FAQ pages.
Quick and Easy FAQs
Quick and Easy FAQs is a lightweight yet feature-rich FAQ solution that leverages custom post types to help you create FAQ pages easily and display them using shortcodes. One of the standout features on offer with this plugin is that it gives you three different display options – list, accordion, and filterable toggle style.
The Quick and Easy FAQs plugin offers tons of customization options that allow you to tweak the FAQ page’s typography, borders, and background colors.
- Choose from three different display options.
- Lets you add custom post type driven FAQs.
- Translation-ready and offers support for Visual Composer.
Setting up an FAQ page on your WordPress website using a plugin solution from this list will improve your site’s SEO and help you deliver a good user experience to your visitors.
Depending upon how you want to organize and display your FAQs, finding the right plugin for your site should hopefully be easy now. We encourage you to try them out on your own and see which one fits in best with your site’s design and structure.